CPA firm’s long-term relationship with TNSC meets myriad needs
“In my three years here, there have only been two virus attacks. My first call was to TNSC, but in both cases, they were already aware of the issue and were on it quickly to make sure we were up and running again quickly.” – Teri Pough, Firm Administrator
Client Overview: This Fairfield-county based certified public accounting firm is dedicated to providing its clients with high-quality financial counseling, tax consulting, tax preparation, and other finance-related services. It is deeply entrenched in the Fairfield County CT business community and has extensive experience working with businesses and high net worth individuals in neighboring NY communities of Dutchess, Putnam and Westchester counties, as well as across New England.
Their challenge: The firm began its relationship with TNSC in 2007, and from the start TNSC’s experts set about to update, upgrade and overhaul the firm’s antiquated IT infrastructure, with a goal of ensuring its representatives could function fully – essentially telecommute – while out of the office.
It was using an outdated Novell operating system, which was immediately migrated to a modern Windows network, integrating Microsoft Exchange as a new mail system.
It also needed:
- Technology to ensure that its clients could safely and securely transmit sensitive PDF documents as well as electronic files from programs such as Quickbooks.
- An environment that would allow its employees to work efficiently and remotely
- The ability to scale its business
- To become a paperless organization
- To ensure that its data was secure and backed-up, and that their network was safe from cyber-threats
Additionally, and notably, in 2012 the firm was faced with an office move and build-out, which required an update and relocation of all network infrastructure.
The Solution: TNSC, in 2007 performed an assessment of the firm’s needs and immediately began the Windows SBS / Exchange Migration.
- Installed a Citrix/Terminal Services environment to allow the firm’s employees to telecommute as required
- Provided Virtualization and SAN Storage, consolidating and aged infrastructure into a two-server 1 SAN N+1 environment to allow for the server; this provided the scalability desired
- Recommended the firm begin using SimplyIT, a fixed-price comprehensive product that offers proactive system monitoring and maintenance, backups and disaster recovery, and desktop user support
The Value/Benefit: TNSC has executed successfully on every need, and has delivered excellent customer service throughout their relationship, said firm Administrator Teri Pough. She rated her firm’s satisfaction level with TNSC’s overall service at 99% and said its “IT peace of mind” has gone from 70% to 95% under TNSC’s care.
“In my three years here, there have only been two instances where we’ve had a virus attack,” she said. “My first call, of course, was to TNSC, but in both cases, they were already aware of the issue and were on it quickly to make sure we were up and running again quickly.”
Pough also said that the predetermined, fixed-price aspect of SimplfyIT allows them to budget appropriately for their IT needs.
*Company’s name is available upon request by calling (203) 744-2274.